• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Clutch Pedal help

ZombiE

NAXJA Forum User
Hi all,

My clutch pedal broke on me last week. I pulled it out and had it welded to fix it. All is good now except one remaining issue.
Off of the clutch pedal is the clutch pushrod. The pushrod that goes from the clutch pedal to the back of the clutch master cylinder. There is a rubber boot and a washer, but that is all I have. When I place the end of the pushrod into the back of the MC, there is nothing to hold it there? I have the FSM for my Jeep, 1995 Cherokee, 4 door, 3.0l, and a haynes manual. It shows in the Haynes manual it looks like a c-clip or snap ring that holds the pushrod into the back of the clutch MC.

So to make a longer story longer, I went to the dealer and the parts guy said pretty much that I have to buy a new clutch master cylinder! So I called his bluff and had him pull one. And to his surprise there was no clutch pushrod already attached to the MC. So now I am stuck.

Has anyone pulled this apart? What was securing the pushrod into the back of the MC?

Any help would be appreciated, here are a couple of pics I took to hopefully clarify my question:

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

Thanks,

Alex

Nothing holds it in, it's coming out to far, the stroke is off.

Something is wrong with the clutch peddle itself.

In other words the peddle stop is off.

Last edited:
Yeah...IIRC what holds it in is the bolt attaching the pushrod to the petal. You can go to your local parts store and have a look at their clutch mc rebuild kits though. If there was a clip holding it in (again, I don't think there is) it would be in a rebuild kit.

There is some sort of snap ring thing that keeps the push rod from falling out of the MC. I know this because I just replaced my MC.

Jason

Right jelrod,

There is a washer on the pushrod that slides up into the MC, then it looks like a c-clip or snap ring holds that all together.

The dealer couldn't find a part number or any information on what exactly it was.

Thanks for the reply's guys,

I may have to buy a clutch MC and just take out the part I need, :idea: :shiver:

Alex

Back