• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Renix high idle mod

on board welder,eh?

This is totally gheto fab but what about making a spacer that you could stick between the throttle stop screw and arm?You would have to open the throttle up to the desired rpm then measure how much space is between the throttle arm and stop screw and then make a spacer that is that same thickness.Open the throttle by hand,insert spacer,lay beads....pull spacer out when done.

More for lights, running my high power ham radio gear, and winching actually. I run a ready welder instead of the on board welder (it is 24v for most jobs but that just requires swapping the cables on my dual setup and is much more flexible).

That would work, I have toyed with the idea of something like that, trying to fool it into thinking the AC was on and stepping up the idle with the IAC, or finding an easily controlable IAC off another vehicle and rigging it up as a "controlled vacum leak" that will do the same thing as the stock IAC.

I am running toward the latter two, I need to play with vacum hoses and see what will work. That way I can do it from the cab.

If you don't have cruise control, you could use a factory connector to connect the cable to the throttle linkage. Then use an old bicycle shifter.
Easy hand throttle.

Back