• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ wanted

88flexj

NAXJA Forum User
I am badly in need of a daily driver. Open to anything 4x4 with a 4.0. If anyone has one for sale for a decent price let me know. I am looking for $1500 or less if possible. Thanks, Chris 831-776-1119

Hi 88flexj,

My daughter just upgraded to a 96 xj country. My 87 XJ Waggy is now available...since you asked. Otherwise, it's not really for sale.

It's not real pretty. Most of the woody stuff is faded.

Her kayaks ripped the luggage rack off the top, but I think we have all the parts.

There's a hardly noticable slight bend in the right front fender - it was tackled in a game of shirts and skins. Could be fixed by un-bending the brace behind the fender.

The good:
just about everything works, including the A/C (can't think of anything that does not work).

it has the C-Roc steering box upgrade, professionally welded as well as bolted in.

the interior has the regular problems with the driver's seat, but all the rest is fairly good.

I replaced the headliner, and some of that might be coming loose, but it's just the glue failing - the foam and fabric are new.

It has a fairly killer CD player as I remember.

I replaced the brake booster 6 mo ago.

It's a good truck, runs fine. 242 t-case in good condition - AWD works great in snow and rain (it's amazing). OK tires. Brakes are new. Dana 44 rear.

Bone stock, but it wheels great - good meat if you want to build something special later.

She had trouble with the electronic controls. When she starts the engine, sometimes it races at about 2000 to 2500 rpm for as much as a minute. Usually, if she turns it off, and counts to 10, and restarts it, it races, then settles down again.

If anyone has an idea about how to fix that, it would be nice to know about. Several other XJ's here are doing the same thing.

Later,
Bill
510-589-7410

how many miles? blow by ? seams like a fiar deal

Bill, sounds like what I am looking for. I am off to work right now, I will give you a call tomorrow. Whats a good time? Thanks for the reply, Chris.

My 87 XJ was doing that,we replaced the o2 sencer and it settled down.

I replaced the o2 sensor before I smogged it last time. No change.

It doesn't do it often enough to bother me enough to get me off my duff and do something about it...but if someone had the answer, I would try it. Like I said, the all seem to do it, so it has to be something everyone gets to fix sooner or later.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back