• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4th tps in 2 years

waggy

NAXJA Forum User
ok this is getting annoying , my truck , 89 wagoneer keeps eating tps . i have gone through 4 of them in less then 2 years , does anyone know what would cause them to prematurly go . this is going to be the 5th one . its got to the point where i have to keep one in the truck cause i know i am going to need one on the road at some point in time . has anyone ever had somthing like this happen ? its really pissing me off .

i have been using aftermarket ones , the first one was put inby a shop who totally riped me off , they said it was a oem piece . they also said it was a dealer only piece . assholes ill never go back there , they also did the tranny on my dads truck , 3 time we had to take it back . pos

hey fellow Ontarian,
not sure if they are the same for your older Jeep, but I know any water will mess them up badly. I have found that when I had to get a new TPS some don't have the rubber gasket built into them that will help protect it from water (even just a little more is good) The gasket seems to be orange in all I have seen, and the ones from the dealer are $72 I think. So next time you get one, look into it having the rubber where it plugs into the TB, hopefully it will add some life to the next one.

hey man where abouts are you located ? my tps is a different style than yours . i have the old renix system . you should check out .
www.universityofjeep.ca
all canadian most in the gta area . hope to see you there , i am waggy on that site too . cheers

Back