• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Windshiled wiper stopped working

northernxj

NAXJA Forum User
Last night we got about 12'' of snow. I went out to the jeep and took off down the road, after a few hundred yards some of the electrical devices inside flashed and my wipers stopped. My radio turned completely off and bad on again. Then I could smell with my plugged up nose some electrical smell. The wipers no longer work. How should I go about fixing this. Is there a fuse, I didn't see it in the manual. And I think it has to be more than that since everything flashed like that. Thanks in advanced.
Stephen

Sorry 2001. Now they work... what's the deal? Would it be the switch/stalk on the steering column? If so how do I go about removing that? Thanks a lot guys

I had that happen once probably 3 years ago on my 2000. I did not have to fix anything. I shut the engine off then turned it back on a little while later they worked and have worked fine ever since.

I'm not sure about the 2001, but most of the older models (pre 97) have circuit breaker (automatic reset) for the windshield wipers and not a fuse. But there is a fuse before the circuit breaker in the Renix (a fusible link) and likely a bus fuse (in the PDC) in the post 90 models up through the 96.

8Mud said:
I'm not sure about the 2001, but most of the older models (pre 97) have circuit breaker (automatic reset) for the windshield wipers and not a fuse. But there is a fuse before the circuit breaker in the Renix (a fusible link) and likely a bus fuse (in the PDC) in the post 90 models up through the 96.

Where is that fusible link please?
I have the same problem and have been scratching my head. The switch is fine. Ditto the motor, and the crcuit breaker.

Same thing happened to me with my 97 DURING a blizzard while driving on the highway, radio blinked on and off and then I went to cycle the wipers and got nothing

Got off the highway and shut it off, turned it back on and they worked

wierd stuff, and it would clearly happen during a blizzard

Back