• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AAL plus xj main??

XbajajeepX

NAXJA Forum User
Ok so I ordered the RE 3.5" AAL kit lastnight and I noticed that the AAL is only a 2.5" AAL...Do you guys think it would be a good idea to add the AAL and another xj main leaf to the pack to get the 3.5" and fight against the sag???

Honestly, if you can change your order, get the 3.5" pack.
AAL don't work as well as a pack designed for a specific lift as it is just 1 big leaf put in with your used (probably sagging) leafs.
But hey, if you are not too concerned with how it will actually work offroad, you could always just block it.

Dont have the money to change the order, thats why I went with this kit....The rear is just to hold up for a few months till I get the extra cash to buy full leafs....Its either putting the aal and an xj main or building an s10 pack....

Understood....... you could also try a shackle with the AAL to get that extra inch you are looking for.

Goodluck

shackle will def sag a lot quicker....

I think thats what im going to do....Do you guys think the Xj main, second s10, third s10 and the xj bottom leaf will net me what I want??

I think if you'r wanting to build a pack with AALs, you want one of the AALs to be as long or almost as long as the XJ main leaf, so I would recommend using the XJ main, S10 main & possibly S10 2nd & XJ smallest. I think that'd net around your desired height.

Using all XJ leaves & top 2 S10 leaves nets ~5".

Ok anyone else have anymore insight on this??

I say just go with it, order some 1" greaseable shackles.

Sorry I just noticed somebody already mentioned thaat, I think adding another leaf would add more the AAL has to hold together and lift as opposed to a lift shackle, thats my .02 if it made any sense.

Back