• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

whats wrong with gamblers ?

MPETESS10

NAXJA Forum User
I asked this on another forum but I figure I'll ask it here too and see what the XJ specific crowd has to say :dunno:

is there any particular reason why more of you guys dont run gamblers
I mean they are a 15x8" factory wheel and I would think that would make em a little more attractive to people
I see alot of you guys running ravine's and canyons because they are 8" wheels but rarely do I see anyone runnin gamblers
I have seen a couple but they seem to be mainly stock jeeps none of the more modified guys who run stock wheels are runnin these things
I dont plan on gettin really modded anytime soon but I am still curious if theres a reason
is there something you guys know that I dont about runnin gamblers on XJ's I really like the way they look on jeeps period whether an XJ a TJ an MJ or a YJ even the yuppie YJ renegade from the early 90's I thought looked good becuz of the gamblers
I bought a set a few months back and was waitin til I bought new tires before I mounted them
but at this rate I probably wont buy new tires til next winter and I really wanna get these on my jeep even with my 235's on there

correct me if Im wrong, but aren't real gamblers hard to find??

I know the xj rims with alot more holes are more common, and are often refered to a gamblers. Those are not as attractive IMHO.

If you got em, run em!

Im sure its like most other things, some people like the way they look, and some people dont.
Probably the main reason you dont see many of them is there just arent many of them around. I know they came on TJs with the 30" tire package, same as the Canyons. Now that I think about it, I think Ive only seen them on Saharas. The Canyons came on Sports and Saharas. Maybe that why theres so few of them.

The ten hole XJ wheels are totally different than Gamblers. Gamblers have five holes.

I,m currently running the 15x8 Gamblers on my XJ.Traded a set of stock rims for them.Have BFG AT,s in 33-12.50 mounted.Only problem is the LACK of clearence between the spring and the tire sidewall.the gap is less than a fingers width,probablt between 1/4 and 3/8,s of an inch.
I have not had any problems,but would be more comfortable with more gap between the tire and spring.
On the front i have adjusted the steering stops so no rubbing there.
Wayne

I don't know all the names of the rims but from the other pics, those look like the rims on my Heap.

Jeep003.jpg

I don't know if I care for the look or not but I couldn't pass up the deal on rims and tires. :cheers:
Edit: These are 15x8 with 31"

fordtech said:
correct me if Im wrong, but aren't real gamblers hard to find??

I know the xj rims with alot more holes are more common, and are often refered to a gamblers. Those are not as attractive IMHO.

If you got em, run em!

I always like those. My parents 91 Sport had them when I was a kid.

What's wrong with it? It can lead to addictive gambling and failure to pay bills and debts on time, which can ruin your credit! ;)

I kill me.

My pop's 97 TJ Sport came with the gamblers, I know that they are harder to find but American Racing produced the wheels for DCM. When pop got nailed and killed a wheel the factory replacement is stamped American Racing, this was in 2001 and he was told that the contract had expired with the two.

You got to know when to hold em, know when to fold em,
Know when to walk away and know when to run.
You never count your money when youre sittin at the table.
Therell be time enough for countin when the dealins done.

Kenny_Rogers-The_Gambler.jpg

ok i had to get that out of the way your right they arent the most common, but you see em a decent amount with the ar 23

b23.jpg

and the outlaw being the more popular American racing wheels
b62.jpg

i like them i dont particularly like the fake two piece part. I dont like fake bead locks or fake two part rims. Other than that its held up well for a 15 year old rim design ... compared to many other original equipment rims like those GAY ones they put on limiteds and countrys. YUCK. Nothing is wrong with gamblers like they are prone to crack or fail in anyway.

Last edited:
Beats me....I tried to sell a very nice set for $40.

NO INTEREST AT ALL

Finally took them to the scrap yard and got $50 for the aluminum :D

JohnX said:
Beats me....I tried to sell a very nice set for $40.

NO INTEREST AT ALL

Finally took them to the scrap yard and got $50 for the aluminum :D

It just wasnt in the cards. :)
Ok that was lame, at least Im trying.

Back