• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ford F-250 Coil Springs?

Quills

NAXJA Forum User
I have heard of Jeepers using Ford F-250 coils for a 4 inch lift in replace of stock coils. Is this true? What years of Fords for these coils? How do they ride (I am guessing STIFF)?

First off, they'd have to be off an F150 as F250s have leaf springs on all four corners. Second, it's been done (not by me) but its going to ride somewhat firmer as you're going from an essentially 1/4ton vehicle to a 1/2 ton spring.
If you'll complain about a harsh ride... then a 'cheap' lift isn't for you, you'll need to spend some money.

Only the 4x4 F250 had leaf spring up front. 2x4 were the twin traction beam I think. Either way you are looking for the F150 springs as RCman said.

Rust Heap said:
Only the 4x4 F250 had leaf spring up front. 2x4 were the twin traction beam I think. Either way you are looking for the F150 springs as RCman said.
True, I did forget about the 2wd F250. You'll have to cut me a break as no one buys a 2wd truck around here unless its a Nissan or a Yota :puke::twak:

RCman said:
True, I did forget about the 2wd F250. You'll have to cut me a break as no one buys a 2wd truck around here unless its a Nissan or a Yota :puke::twak:

Hey now Nissans and Yotas are both way better trucks than Fords.

And yes, the 2wd F250 uses a twin traction beam front setup with coil springs. They probably would provide a lot more lift than the F150 springs if they fit, but would defintely be way stiff in an XJ.

Back