• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

It smells like a welder...

overload

NAXJA Forum User
So, yesterday i went for a drive, when i got to my buddies house i kept smelling a welder, i thought maybe it was one of the neighbors. But today when i took it for a drive i smelled the same damn thing. I figured out the smell was from the light switch and when i reached under the dash to feel it it was burning hot. I also noticed that my passenger turn signal and running light under the headlight dont work, if I dont turn the headlights on, it doesnt heat up and there are no problems. Is it just a short between the turn signal bulb or something else? Is this a common problem? Thanks for the help, Robert.

Take the bulbs out and look inside the sockets. I had a couple of them rust to the point that they fell apart and the contacts broke off. Could be a possible source for a short, but I would think that should cause a fuse to blow. With that thought in mind, make sure you also have the proper fuses in place.

Back