• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

losing patience

xjpheonix

NAXJA Forum User
i am wiring in a 93 dodge caravan overhead colsole into a 91 jeep cherokee
but i am having trouble wiring this console in
i have two sets of lights one set is courtesy lights(on w door open)and the other set is a map light on when you depress the lamp itself i have all of these wired properly but am having trouble finding the constant for the unit itself and possibly the ground... i think i have the temp sensor wires corect (only because i have them matched color for color) but could use any help i can get and this thread is the closest i have found to answering any of the questions i have had
i will give you all my wires and colors with what i have found that they do any help on this is appreciated
/yel-dome +
\pnk/blu dome -

/pnk map light +
\blk map - (may be computer - not sure)

/blk/blu temp switch
\pur/grn temp switch
that leaves 4 wires
tan
/pur/brn
\tan/blk these two are twisted together
blk/grey
help please if i have to get the "CCD" bus and make it hot just to use the temp i can do that also!
i already have this thing cut in and would love to be able to use just those two functions and the dome,map lights too
xjpheonix

p.s. i posted a few days ago in oem tech(wrong thread for this problem)
any help please

user_online.gif

I might be able to look some thing up tomorrow at work, if i get some answers i will post them.

i cant tell you how much i would appreciate that it is the best looking console i found so i slammed it in and now cant wire it so i am sure others will be tryin this one too
especially if we can all get an answer on how it will work

the wires you are talking about, the unidentified ones, are they from you cherokee or are they coming out of the console?

Last edited:
I have the 96-99 Caravan Chiltons that may be the same console wiring. Shoot me a PM and I'll look up or fax you any thing that may help.

Back