• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Quick front spring question

Matthew Currie

NAXJA Member #760
Yeah, I'm too effin lazy to search, but....

My 99 (sport) has a cracked front coil. I have a good set off a 2-door base 89. Can I expect these springs to be the same, or should I bite the bullet and get some 99 springs from the boneyard (I'm pretty sure they have some)?

CanMan said:
Being 10 years older, they may have a little more sag to them. Probably not enough to notice though.

I'm not worried about the sag. My 99 has almost 170K miles on it and the 89 had only about 90. The rears were in good shape too. I'm more concerned about whether the springs have the same specs to start with.

I've got a set of 2000 coils. Just shipping costs + a few bucks and they are yours!

BTW These have about 40k on them, that's what the owner said his 00' had before he did his lift.

Blaine B. said:
I've got a set of 2000 coils. Just shipping costs + a few bucks and they are yours!

BTW These have about 40k on them, that's what the owner said his 00' had before he did his lift.

Thanks for the offer, but I think for the moment I'll pass and just throw the ones I have in. It's such an easy job that if they aren't satisfactory I can just try again later.

Back