• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Coil spacers and blocks

adamtn

NAXJA Forum User
I recently got a 96 XJ and was wanting to lift it a couple of inches to acommidate 30" tires. Are the coil spacers and blocks a decent option for a cheap 2"'s or so of lift? I know it looks to be the cheapest. I could get out for under $100 or so with that combo. I've heard that the add-a-leaf type kits make your ride bouncier and start to sag after time. I'm a total newbie to off-road mods, but i have always worked on my own cars so i can handle most jobs.

you could also look into doing a bastard pack or some extended shackles. Downside the shackles seems to be saggin the spring too though. I'm looking into options to fix the saggin of my stock leafs due to the shackles right now. The coil spacers work great up front

My bro has a 93 sport, We installed a 1.75 inch coil spacer and a set of main leafs from a spare pack in the rear along with a 2 inch trailmaster tapered block and stock shock absorbers. No vibes and he can clear 31x10.5x15 toyo open county's. The only area we had to trim was the bottoms of the front flares,they rubbed a little when turning.Hope this helps!

Back