• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

add a leaf question

rmm727

NAXJA Forum User
For those of you out there that run add a leafs. Did you notice when you installed them if the center pin hole is offset like the leaf springs? My Dick Cepek lift I bought came with add a leafs but the hole isnt offset and Im considering drilling another hole to fix this.

Indeed on leef springs the hole isnt in the center because it nots supposed to be. Turn it around until it matches with your current hole and it should work out.

pete

Its not a question of whether the leaf spring needs rotated, I think they sent me add a leafs for something else. I bought these over a year ago and just now decided to install them. I doubt the place I bought them from will do anything about this at this point in the game

Are you saying that the hole is drilled equidistant to the ends of the leaf? If so, its probably not a full length leaf.

If you have checked and it is a full length leaf and the hole is in the wrong place, just drill a new one in the right place and install.

If its a shorty add-a-leaf then just install it as-is, it won't matter. (I will caveat this with the statement that full length aal's are better than shorty aal's)...

I installed a Dick Cepek AAL and yes the hole doesn't quite look right. But install it anyway and it will be fine.

Beej said:
If its a shorty add-a-leaf then just install it as-is, it won't matter. (I will caveat this with the statement that full length aal's are better than shorty aal's)...

I cannot believe I am agreeing with Beej on this...Man what a world.

He is right. Just install it and stop whining, LOL.

EDIT: I missed that post...ya good stuff...

Thanks,
it is a full lenght AAL and the hole is equal distances from each end. I quess I will be drilling a new hole.

Back