• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Powerline trail Work Party March 10th

mojojojo

NAXJA Forum User
just got this today. thought I'd post it ASAP. don't think I'll be making it. got alot of work to do on the rig from our trip this weekend. if i am up and running by then i am definitely in.

From OHV program Director Kelly Foster

Just a quick reminder for folks,

An OHV Work party is occurring on March 10th at 9:00am. T2N, R6W, sec.36 (Powerline Trail) Happy Meal Section

Anyone is welcome; we'll be digging into the rock staged at the top/bottom of the trail. Our main objective is to harden rolling dips and trail tread. We have one section needing fill and rehab. Folks will want to think about bringing something to haul rock. ODF will have an excavator, 1-6x6, and a rock hauler to assist with the work party.

What to bring: Proper Protective Equipment(boots, work cloths, eye protection, gloves, etc.), water and some snacks or lunch.

Tools needed for moving rock:Shovel, Bent Shovel, Hoe, or Pulaski, or anything you may have to disperse/dig material. The department will have some on hand as well. Please RSVP!

Equipment needed: Something able to haul rock. If someone would like to bring a piece of equipment (i.e. excavator, skid steer, or just anything) please contact me. Please RSVP, we’ll need to get unloaded sooner to start at nine.

How to get there:Head west on Hwy6 and turn at the Summit onto Beaver Dam Rd. Follow Beaver Dam Rd. to the first right (U-Falls Rd) and stay right across the wood bridge. You’ll see us at the start of the trail at the top of the hill.

I’ll be setting up more tomorrow in the field with the six inches of fresh snow on the trail. Hope to see yea at the work party,

Kelly S. Foster
OHV Program Coordinator
Tillamook State Forest

(503) 359-7463
Fax: (503) 357-4548
[email protected]

I received an email today stating that this work day has been cancelled. It is just too wet up there. They may have one towards May.

Back