• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

welded rear end

hear about it being done all the time

works out best if the truck is used for offroad only

it will churp and wear down tires faster when you take sharp turns

If you're running a d35, I wouldn't do it... Unless you have spare axle shafts laying all over the place...

You'll shred the axle shafts like paper with a welded rear, the 35 just can't handle a full lock like that, unless you're incredibly nice to it...

I wouldn't recommend it on such a puny axle... Dana 44, maybe.

it seems like you have a lot of people doing it, but more saying it's stupid to do. i guess it's just more up to what you want to do. just be aware that there are plenty on here that will have something negative to say about it if you do it. if you want to do it, go for it!

I recently did it to my D44 rear axle. Since its still stock gearing and I will change carriers when I regear anyway I just wanted to try it out. I also welded my front D30 last year.

I am happy with it. Great traction off road. Chirps on tight turns on pavement but not as bad as you might think.

Tally_XJ said:
I also welded my front D30 last year.

I am happy with it. Great traction off road. Chirps on tight turns on pavement but not as bad as you might think.

you welded your D30??? i'm assuming this wasn't a street driver......if it was, how did you manage to turn??? just curious.

i just did my chry8.25. no complaints here. all i have to say is TAKE IT EASY UNTIL YOU GET USED TO IT. out of curteous and safety towards others, i DO NOT try to turn in the snow unless i'm in 4wd. last thing i need is to get pushed through the turn and hit somebody. it also takes a little getting used to offroad. but makes for some nice wheeling.

you're not gonna get an answer you'll be happy with. some swear it tears them up in no time.

i say i've been driving mine for about 6-8 months now and personally think i get more wear in less time wheeling in rocks aggressively.

Back