• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

re or rustys

blazedxj

NAXJA Forum User
just getting in to this lifted jeep thing. like to tear it up! which is a better lift kit? strength wise. will be mainly used for a DD and moderate offroading.

I think you'll find most folks will favour the RE lift kits. On the other hand, Rusty's might make more sense if you're just going with the bare-bones lift.

I've not owned either, so can't really comment.

:)

Ive got a rustys 8" and the only real problem ive had with it is trac bar mount breaking and loosening up a few times, so i welded the damn thing on and got a brace. The only thing with RE is the biggest kit they have for xjs is 5 inches and i dont think 35" tires fit that. Ive heard RE is the better quality though:skull1:

It is possible. I just did an S10 BB to the rear of my XJ, the guy I got the leaf packs off is running 35s on just 4.5" RE coils up front, S10 BB in the rear, no spacers or blocks. He had to cut his fenders a little but he pulled it off. I like the RE kit although more expensive, however I'm actually wondering on a nice Rusty's kit later on. I'm wondering about going all out with a long arm setup, the guy who I got the S10 packs off wants to put on the blocks I gave him but he needs to run a long arm setup on it so now he wants to custom fab one.

xjanarchy said:
Ive got a rustys 8" and the only real problem ive had with it is trac bar mount breaking and loosening up a few times, so i welded the damn thing on and got a brace. The only thing with RE is the biggest kit they have for xjs is 5 inches and i dont think 35" tires fit that. Ive heard RE is the better quality though:skull1:
Typically, you'll get more lift than advertised with RE products. Add proper shackles to their 4.5" leaf springs and you can easily get 7" of lift like I did.

I'm not surprised your Rusty's TB mount broke; I was VERY worried that I'd break mine. That is, until I replaced it with an RE mount. :)

i have the chance to get some used 6.5 leafs and coils. is it worth the time piecing the rest of the kit together or just go with a brand new kit.

Back