• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best lift kit for EVERYTHING needed??

Paul R

NAXJA Forum User
Where can I get the most complete lift kit for a 3-4" lift. I want something with FULL leafs and everything needed to get the job done right. 89 XJ

Thanks for the help! :)

Paul

peeweexj said:
Rubicon Express 3.5" Super-flex

You will need to buy an adjustable track-bar. And at least a TC drop (spacers).

or you could not wast money on a 3in. and just go straight to the 4 since thats what most people do anyways, and just get the 1in TC drop to save some money on getting a SYE

I dont mean to jack the thread but I am also in the process of getting a lift....I was going to get the RE 3.5" but am considering the RE 4.5"....would it look retarded with 31's and a 4.5" lift??

no, it doesn't look too bad. Everyone has their own opinions but I ran 31's with RE's 4.5 for about 3 years and recently added another inch+ and went to 32's so it's about the same ratio. I like it. I personally like a little distance between the flares and top of the wheels. I don't care for the huge tire filling the wheel well look. My avatar has the 32's in it and close to 6" of lift

As far as getting everything you need, Rough Country has kits with everything. I opted for the Rubicon Express 3.5" Superide which came with shocks for $729 shipped. It came in today, and even had the rear brake line which I was not aware it came with.
I found 4.5" RC systems on ebay with rear springs for $685 shipped, but heard of the rough ride they offer.
JC Whitney has good prices, but the kits are for AAL's only and the rear springs have to be special ordered and special shipping I was told by them.
my .02

RE 6130 4.5". The 3.5" isn't nearly as complete. It has enough to get the job done, but not room to grow, which WILL happen. The RE 4.5 has UCA's, front/rear brake lines, track bar..

BDS is a complete kit as well as Superlift and Black Diamond(owned by Superlift).

im getting the RE 3.5 Super Flex (full packs) twin tube shocks, RE 1600 Trac Bar, TC Drop for $928

but yesterday some guy told me i should look at rustys but i have heard some bad things about them...i havent on the other hand heard a bad thing about RE except it gives more lift then advertised....not a problem for me!!

bmyohn said:
im getting the RE 3.5 Super Flex (full packs) twin tube shocks, RE 1600 Trac Bar, TC Drop for $928

but yesterday some guy told me i should look at rustys but i have heard some bad things about them...i havent on the other hand heard a bad thing about RE except it gives more lift then advertised....not a problem for me!!

Did you already order it, or was that a price quote? Did you check out
DC4WD.com, I am sure he can beat that price.

XbajajeepX said:
I dont mean to jack the thread but I am also in the process of getting a lift....I was going to get the RE 3.5" but am considering the RE 4.5"....would it look retarded with 31's and a 4.5" lift??

RE 4.5 superflex and 31 BFG AT. Bought the 31s and a few days later wish I had 33's. But if you arnt going to regear it right away and your engine is tired like mine, get used to the right lane.

jeep.jpg

idisc0 said:
is it imperative that i swap axles if i go with a 4.5 inch lift? i have a dana 35 in the rear.

Alot of people run stock axles all the way up to 33" tyres, anything over that and your just asking it to break in the rocks. just my .02 though

Back