• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

80,000 mile wall of repair

jwalter04

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 99 2-door with a 1 3/4 budget boost (spacers and shackles) My rear leaf springs are all but gone (flat) and my shocks/struts are all original (80,000+ miles) Any suggestions on replacement springs and shocks/struts? I was thinking about the HD leaf springs from Quadratec, but I have no idea as far as shocks/struts. I do some moderate offroading, but do not want a total suspension upgrade at this time. Also, my drums and shoes (brakes) have been recomended to be replaced. THe drums have been reground in the past. Any suggestions there?

If you don't want to invest in completely new leaves, an add-a-leaf might suffice. I personally would invest into a new set. As for shocks, see what auto zone has, if not Rusty's has them for $30 a pop. brakes are crucial though... get a good set from your local auto parts store, drums run around 40, shoes about 15 I believe but better safe then dead.

I was looking at the HD leaf springs from quadratec, however i have found that most say those will give you 3in of lift. I'm wondering if i should just put the leaf springs in without the BB shackles. I don't want my rig looking like a hot rod.

I think some vendors are selling the stock up country leaf springs for about 89 bucks each if you don't want much of a lift and factory springs.

Back