• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Quick verification on axle

StylerG

NAXJA Forum User
Just wanted to double check something....have access to anything i want on a grand cherokee that a guy is pulling the motor out of, and it appears to have a d44 in the rear....just want a confirmation on it. Also is this the d44 that is crap, or is it worth a trade? Anything on the jeep anyone wants, its fair game and pretty fair prices (i picked up the set of canyons for $50) without further delay...
IMG_2749.jpg

I think it depends on the year. Some of them came with aluminum axle tubes which are really crappy....or was it aluminum carrier? can't remember:dunno:

Yup, it's an axle........

Not a GC expert, but all the D44 for GC I know of are aluminum, pieces of junk.

it would be a good bt of work to swap it in too, since its coil sprung.

I is a dana 44 aluminum. They have had alot of problems in the past, but if you get it set up right it will work fine, it came in 3 versions, open, track-lok, or hydra-lok. The hydra-lok is real nice to have. If you can get me the vin# i could tell you what is in it. ratio is probably 3.73, and your only other option is a 4.11....I think...

That's an aluminum D44 and it's useless for modifying or for offroading.

Back