• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Long Arm Upgrades

profonde

NAXJA Forum User
Is it possible to use long arms for 3" lifts (Rusty offers long arm upgrades)

And if so what is the benefit for jeepspeed type of races

Thanks

at 3" of lift, longarms are not worth your money. Longarms help to correct your control arm angles at high lift.. at 3", your stock control arm angles just aren't that bad.

them being longarms does not make them tougher. I would trust a rubicon express short arm before i'd trust a rusty's long arm.

As far as more travel, that has alot to do with your shocks, brake lines, steering, etc. You will get more than enough travel out of your short arms when your talking 3" and 31-32's..

For jeepspeed i personally would want a 4 link front, whether it be short arms or long arms. Most long arm kits including Rustys are radius arms, which when the suspension travels it changes the caster* significantly=bad for big droops at speed. Beef up your SA brackets and arms and call it good. Full traction's kit would be an ideal setup but not really worth it @ only 3" IMO... and maybe not even possible with the arm to "frame" rail clearance.

hmm, I was wondering this exact same thing lately.
I was thinking with 3.5" - 4.5" of lift and a good long arm setup and 33-35's you'd have a pretty capable ride with very low COG.
Not sure what it would be really good at, but it would kinda cool having such a low ride with long arms and all that work going on underneith.
The full traction setup looks good, I think this is something I would like to do in the next year if someone doesn't give strong reasons not too.

I like the topic, good question.

Back