• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rebuild questions

the_bandit87

NAXJA Forum User
well I think my engine is going to need a rebuild soon, it seems that I have a bad lifter (I have tried EOS and Lucas to no avail the tap comes and goes). THe problem is that the nearest machine shop is over 150 miles away and its going to be a PITA to get the engine transported to and back. Anotherthing I was going to ask, I have not been able to find any websites besides the HESCO one that has internal engine parts for sale, most sites I find only have head gaskets ect. I would like to try to rebuild my engine I have in the XJ myself as its the origional engine and pretty much everything else except the paint has been done by my grandfather and myself.

I am doing the same thing right now and am getting most of my parts at the local AutoZone and off ebay. The only thing I have used a machine shop for is to give the head a hot bath. For online parts you should look at summitracing.com. They do have the lifters and other parts you may need.

Back