• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Removable Top XJ Project

sorry Pro this was a one off build... too many hours to count, not enough $$$ to do it to someone elses rig, going to work is much easier!

Did all the work to the garage ceiling/attic before starting on the XJ... with only a single car garage I knew storage of the top was going to be an issue.

How did you make the fender flairs in your final pics?

damn flexy, that turned out super nice. very clean. How many hours do you think you spent building? just surious.

Something like that would rock up here in Alaska. When it hits 72 outside we are dieing... plus be nice to haul all of the fishin equipment.

Robert

speechless....

Thats is fawkn SICK!!! I want to do that to my 89 laredo once I get through welding classes. Ive been trying to figure out how to make the roof reatachable, but you figured it all out. Mad props on that rig!!!

Too many hours to count... I had to break it up into "mini" projects to keep from getting overwhelmed. Did each in the steps I showed... cage, roof rack, tailgate/liftgate, doors, cut top, sheetmetal body, sheetmetal top. Oh and add hacking apart my garage to add the electric hoist and 7' x 9' openening all of which had to be reframed because I cut apart the trusses to make the hole. Its all in a days work, I knew it wouldn't be done in a month or even a year so just gotta have a plan and stick to it.

I post some pics and how to on the flares tomorrow.

:yelclap: :yelclap: :yelclap: :yelclap:

Very very nicely thought out and executed, truly innovative. You got skills dude!

There are those like yourself that continue to inspire those like myself with limited experience in fabrication with originality and inginueity.

Cheers bro!!

Back