• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

roofrack?

jeepjay90

NAXJA Forum User
does anyone have a new confer roofrack with the new finish. i had a old one that rusted within 3months. they said they have a new marine style finish. i know there is a company that makes aluminum rack,kind of same style as confer. do u guys know that name.

just remembered the name of the other guys i was thinking off SURCO ... at summit racing. summit has usually very competitive prices and great service so in case your the rare jeep guy who hasnt ordered a ton of parts from summit, have no reservations they are great.

http://store.summitracing.com/egnsearch.asp?N=115+400024

kargomaster is nice stuff, they make commerical grade ladder racks and nice stuff, so theirs isnt inexpensive, the surco is no doubt "ok" and may be the better value if your just putting a cooler, duffle bags, camping stuff, and other light weight stuff up there.

thanks again surco was the one i was thinking about. just for a spare tire and highlift when going on beach. just have to see what the kargo is going for. surco is pretty cheap, but like looks of kargo better.

jeepjay90 said:
does anyone have a new confer roofrack with the new finish. i had a old one that rusted within 3months. they said they have a new marine style finish. i know there is a company that makes aluminum rack,kind of same style as confer. do u guys know that name.

When did you speak with them? I thought they went out of business. I still have my Con-Ferr rack I bought about 3+ years ago. It started to rust after about a year or so. I blasted it, POR'd it and topcoated with Rustoleum. Haven't had any problems so far. I would be interested to see a "marine style" finish. I would imagine it would be simiar to POR-15 hardnose paint finish.

Back