• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

replacing rear bolts......

irish636

NAXJA Forum User
im going to be installing my 3in ome kit and i wanted to replace all the stock hardware such as nuts and everything. does anybody know the sizes or stock #'s i need. i know its a long shot but i thought that i would try.

Not yet - but I'm working on it. Haven't gotten too many reports from the field on suspension sizes, and most of my work (of late) has been powertrain.

I'd appreciate it if you could relay what you find out, so I can put it on my "screw size list" and get it online for reference (for people like you, in fact...) What I'd need:

Thread size/pitch
Screw length (usually under the head for hex-head capscrews)
Head Markings
Where used
Year/model

dspilot said:
The bolts for the leaf springs that go into the blind nuts in the frame are 14mm x 120mm 2.0 thread pitch. I found them here pretty cheap.
http://www.pointe-products.com/

There should have been a number stamped into the head - happen to recall what it was, or have one handy to look at?

The bolt on the right came off my leaf springs...class 9.8

bolt1.jpg

Thayer said:
The bolt on the right came off my leaf springs...class 9.8

bolt1.jpg

Thank you - I was looking for the OEM property class. I'll have to kick around some ideas to see if it's worth going to something stronger or not (failure modes get more drastic as the strength of the screw increases. It goes from "bending" to "snapping...")

Back