• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

umm..so lockers are amazing

wishihad1

NAXJA Forum User
hey everybody.

so i just wanted to say that lockers are amazing. i put one up front in my d30 a month ago, and did a buddies about a week ago, and since then weve been going places that we never imagined, or simply couldn't do before. if anybody has 250 bucks burning a hole in their pocket, instead of dropping it on a little more lift, or something else. throw a aussie up front.

welp..just wanted to say that, and were both locking the rear in the next month or two

sorry for the dumb thread..just it amazes me everytime i go wheeling the difference it makes:smootch:

Yep

Locking the rear will bring more amazement. Then the clearance thing always raises its ugly head. Lift, Bigger tires, lower gears, Oops now I broke an axle shaft. You have just begun the
Journey into the JEEP Zone !

Just
Empty
Every
Pocket

It is fun as Hell though:yelclap: Until the wife finds out how much you really spend on it
:gee:.

You will be amazed at what a rear locker will do, check mine out, best mod ever...

HERE

lockers smockers... just give it more gas...:jester:

Lockers are great. You can crawl and "Tread Lightly" instead of tearing up the trail for the next guy. If you use proper throttle control the u-joints survive just fine. I can't even count how many times I've been held up on the trail because somebody stuck in their 4wd 2x4...

Don't let anyone fool you. Traction is not overrated...

TNT said:
Lockers are great. You can crawl and "Tread Lightly" instead of tearing up the trail for the next guy. If you use proper throttle control the u-joints survive just fine. I can't even count how many times I've been held up on the trail because somebody stuck in their 4wd 2x4...

Don't let anyone fool you. Traction is not overrated...

amen.

aussie front. cant tell its there in 2wd..honestly i havn't even heard it click for weeks. and does the job amazingly offroad

still undecided on the rear. if its still my DD this summer its going to be a powertraxx noslip in the rear. if it becomes my toy itll be a lock rite..which is pretty loud, but about 150 bucks less

wishihad1 said:
hey everybody.

so i just wanted to say that lockers are amazing. i put one up front in my d30 a month ago, and did a buddies about a week ago, and since then weve been going places that we never imagined, or simply couldn't do before. if anybody has 250 bucks burning a hole in their pocket, instead of dropping it on a little more lift, or something else. throw a aussie up front.

welp..just wanted to say that, and were both locking the rear in the next month or two

sorry for the dumb thread..just it amazes me everytime i go wheeling the difference it makes:smootch:
Where you able to get the pin out without taking apart the whole carrier and takeing off the ring gear? Im ordering up an ausse for my stock geared D30 and was wondering what to expect on install...

thanks

well ive done a couple lockers, and done both. for mine i just pulled the whole carrier out. either way you do it the axle shafts have to come out of the carrier, and for some its easy, for for most, its a PITA because the old hubs are going to be rusted etc

after getting the axle shafts pulled out a couple inches from there, you can leave the carrier in and do it. or remove the carrier bearing caps and pull the carrier out. very easy, each bearing cap has 2 bolts, and the cap comes off. after the caps come off you can just pull the whole carrier out.

i did it carrier out, so i could put it in a vice, and have a lot more room to work. i have pretty big hands/fingers, so doing it inside of the axle is possible because ive done it before. but id recommend spending another 10-15 mins, and pulling the carrier, and doing it on a work bench

Can I be Robin?

Back