• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rock Lizard Quarter Panel Armor

redsand187

NAXJA Forum User
I was looking at Rock Lizards Gila Monster Armor. They say they have them for rigs with stock fender flairs and without. Does anyone know what the difference actually is? I don't run any flairs currently, but may put on some bushwackers or Rusty's flairs in the future.

I was wondering this too. I was assuming maybe there is a couple of inches difference in length. I no longer have my rear bumper end caps on, exposing the mounting surface and holes where the fasten. I was thinking the one made for no-flares would extend all the way to the edge of the wheel well (exposed metal), covering the mounting surface/holes where the flares mounted.

Maybe you can email them or call them and get the specs? If you find out post up. My rear fenders are hacked as well and I've been looking at the various quarter panel armor options out there for a "down the road" upgrade.

Just ordered a set of uppers and lowers, on sale now for $210! Stock flares, if I ever trim I quess grind down to move flare.

purplexj said:
Just ordered a set of uppers and lowers, on sale now for $210! Stock flares, if I ever trim I quess grind down to move flare.

What are the uppers? I know the lowers are the ones that are between the rear bumper end caps and flare but where would the uppers go?

Drop Martin an email or give him a call. He'll get you squared away. He's a neat guy to talk with and he's really enthused about his products.

The uppers cover the area between the gate and above the wheel wells to just behind the doors on a 4 dr, on a 2dr will cover less.

purplexj said:
The uppers cover the area between the gate and above the wheel wells to just behind the doors on a 4 dr, on a 2dr will cover less.

Gotcha....

Back