• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Blinker ?s

Your blinker fluid is low.... top it off. :laugh2:

Do the left ones blink or is it just the right side? Do the 4 ways work? Quick check if it's the flasher, if the 4 ways work, swap the two flasher units on the fuse box.

my money is on the bulb or the socket itself (usually front).

The socket can be replaced easily. The ground has a tendency to get corroded and break.

If the ground was corroded wouldn't the bulb not light up at all?

I vote for the flasher/hazard unit being bad.

have you had the vehicle for long.. when I got mine the blinkers wouldntwork.. found prv owner did some patch job an it screwed up the blinker... one half of the wireing controls the standard on lighing... one half the wireing controls the blinking

UncleBud said:
You're welcome phil glad ya got it

Jess where you get your socket replacement? I got one cancered out I need to replace for the front

I noticed you said cancered out. I sure know what you mean. I live in Mi. and hate the rust/corrosion issues. Any time I work on any electrical stuff I use electrical grease to slow future corrosion. I spray a little grease type lube into the bases and coat the contact area with the grease. Just like keeping hinges/checks, cables, etc. lubed. I know, I know, some day maybe I WILL move to Socal where you can buy a 20 year old Jeep and not have it rusted out :cheers:

Make sure the front bulb that has 2 filaments is inserted correctly. You can reverse the filaments so the dim filamanet is flipped with the brighter one (which is supposed to be for blinking.)

You can insert the bulb either way, so just check. Or yeah, the flasher relays themselves are toast.

Back