• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How bad does this look - Floorpan - 56K = not happy

peleejosh

NAXJA Forum User
Ok i have read all of the floorpan threads. I know how to fix. I just need some advice on how bad this side is. Is it a patch job or a total replacement? Thanks in advance for the help.

Josh

img4127smallca9.jpg

img4128smallyu8.jpg

img4130smalldb7.jpg

mien was allot worse than that, patch it, (plug welds, and small beads around the edges with a gas mig works excellent) then herculine it

Owen001.jpg

Owen003.jpg

Owen004.jpg

Patch job.

I know it looks bad, but there seems to be a good amount of solid metal left.

I feel your pain... I love XJ's and live in south-western Canada; I've seen what rust can do.

Good luck, and take lotsa piccies!

:)

It is more than one rust through hole. Take a screwdriver and tap on the center of each rust spot, if it goes through the metal that area needs to be patched. Also take a wirewheel and clean off the rust and paint, you will find out how bad it really is by doing that. I would get the replacement pan for the whole side so you don't have to mess with it again, and don't have to do a bunch of smaller patches.

Blaine B. said:
Do they even salt in Tennessee?

Lol, not that much in Nashviile, but my Dad bought this from a guy in Clarksville, which is north (pretty much on the Kentucky border) so they get more snow than we do.

I started tapping around the really bad spots and I think i will ok with a few small patches. I will update with pics through the process.

Thanks

Josh

rockwerks said:
Id patch that, only one small rust through spot, what is it like under the front pad?

Under the front pad is weird, it looks greasy / oily but only under the part that had the pad in a plastic bag looking thing (i took it out, it was soaked).

img4131smallqx5.jpg

Some of the shots on here make my task look easy!

( Colorado Jeep bought in Ohio, taken to Denver and Seattle for the last 20 years )

jeep1.jpg

Not too bad really...Mostly leaky plugs and surface rust.

jeep2.jpg

Lots of help helps! ( Four legged or Two )

jeep3.jpg
jeep4.jpg

That looks like a patch job would fix it. I am just glad that only my floors were rusted. Everything else was solid, there are some leaks that caused my floors to rust. No salt here.

DSC03125.jpg

DSC03127.jpg

DSC03126.jpg

Yea its from the other side, but here they are now

DSC03124-1.jpg

id replace the whole thing with a sheet of plate steel.... but thats just me.

Back