• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Scored some welders...

rredalty

NAXJA Forum User
Got me some welders from a buddy yesterday, a Snap On YA-217 MIG( With a full tank and spool) and a Miller 220v ARC. Scored them both for $130!!! No real signifigance to this post, just excited.

I feel ya buddy. I just scored a lincoln pro mig 175 for free. I also have a hobart 175 with a ful tank of sheilding gas on its way.

That excitement will go to cussing when some slag rolls down your arm. But sounds like a good deal. How old are the welders. And go ahead and get a auto darkening hood also.

I'm plenty used to slag rolling down my arm, right into the crease at my elbow. I have plenty of welding experience for the last 5+ years and although I have a nice miller dimming helmet I still like my flat lense more. Only dimming helmet I have used and like are the Optrel Satellites, Gorgeous piece. The ARC is prob 5 years and the MIG I would guess 3.

Good find. I wish I had found something like that before I bought my welder.

caglezxj said:
That excitement will go to cussing when some slag rolls down your arm. But sounds like a good deal. How old are the welders. And go ahead and get a auto darkening hood also.

Quite a few years ago I worked with a guy that wished the slag only went down the arm. He was doing a "quick" patch job on the side of a dump truck's bucket when a large dose of slag dropped down the front of him. It went inside his clothes and left a burn line from his neck to almost his ankle, with E V E R Y T H I N G :eek: in between getting it's share of the burn. He didn't seem to think it was too funny, but it kept us laughing for weeks.

Back