• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dropping down to 4.5in springs from 6in

Cowmanche

NAXJA Forum User
Thinking about lowering it some for lower center of gravity just wanted to see what people thought about about this? oh running 36in TSLs.

14.jpg

15.jpg

13.jpg

I dont think it would be worth the trouble. 1 1/2 inch lower wont change the COG enough to warrant the work, rubbing, loss of ground clearance, etc.

i don't think you should go lower. but if you do i will be glad to get rid of your old lift for no cost.

how did you get it so a dog could drive from the back seat??

robz95xj said:
i see a air filter si it must be a intake

it looks like it was cut open with a can opener

Yeah the hood thing was what my air filter was sticking out of. Bad idea, it heat soaked everything lost major power on the trail. Intake temps must of been too high. So yeah had to can opener it to get some cold air in lol. Now I have a regular cold air intake, left the hole in the hood to let heat excape. The only other thing I plan on doing is 4 link in the rear, maybe a winter project.

Unless your willing to lose the flares and cut some more, no, I wouldnt do it, looks like your about at max stuff on the front as it is. The rear looks like it will take a little more, but you;d need to cut beyond the pinch weld and seal the inner fender well.
I dropped mine down an inch or so ( shorter shackle and dialed down the adjustable coil spacer in the front) when I went to 38's, but I cut ALOT out of the front and rear and didn't bother with flares. Lower is always good, so long as you can still stuff like you want. BTW I'm at about 7.5 in the rear and 7 in the front and RTI a 976 (30 degree ramp) with the 38's.

Back