• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where you get your champions?

UncleBud

NAXJA Forum User
I have a napa, auto zone, and advance all within a half mile of each other, neither stocks the champion truck plugs everybody seems to rave about on here. Where the hell do you find em at and is it really that big of a difference? Only owned this jeep a month or 2, runs smooth as silk but would like to start with a clean slate so to speak.

I used to get the truck plugs at AutoZone, but now run the OEM Champion plugs that you can get at the dealership.

I've never heard of this ... what's the difference between the truck plugs and the OEM plugs?

If you give me the part numbers I can probably find an online supplier.

I'm running Accel U-groove plugs now.

montanaman said:
I've never heard of this ... what's the difference between the truck plugs and the OEM plugs?

If you give me the part numbers I can probably find an online supplier.

I'm running Accel U-groove plugs now.

The biggest difference is profit for Champion, save your money and use regular plugs.:doh:

10 yrs ago I worked at the now defunct Autoworks. We sold the plugs there. The only thing I saw was the truck plugs looked prettier. Theyre supposed to be more durable, what ever that means. I go with the regular Champions. They're inexpensive and since they're easy to change I do it about every 10k miles. Still alot cheaper than platnums or splitfires.
JMHO

On 2nd thought, since the ole gal runs so good guess I should pull em and see what they are and get some more.

I'm talking an 87 laredo, 232,000 miles, starts in a skinny second, no knock, no ping, runs like brand damn new.

Back