• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help with cheapo SYE

atxchris1234

NAXJA Forum User
Is there a cheap way to get no drivetrain vibrations out of a 4" kit w/ 33's? Do I HAVE to run an SYE? An SYE is $800 installed.... Is there a cheaper way???? Im already spending over $2500 for the lift, wheels, tires and install... I Was hoping I could cut cost here... Or even put together a quick fix to get me by for a while while I put together additional funds.
\
Thanks for the help

atxchris1234 said:
You mean something like this? How do I know it will work tih my trans. case? I have a 242... should I just call up rubicon express and ask em?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Rubicon-Express-Transfer-Case-Lowering-Kit-Jeep_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33586QQihZ016QQitemZ260089247885QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

That'll work. It goes between the 'frame' and the X member. You will probably have to mess around with the linkage a bit, if you have trouble getting it in in hi or low range.

wow 800 installed!!! thats outrageous... get one from porc for 190 to your door and even if you cant install someone else will for less than a few hundred... thats a lot for a sye

Stay away from the shops. It is my opinion that shops see people wanting a modified rig as a way of making bick bucks easy. They always seem way overpriced on any offroad modification. Order the parts and do it yourself. You will learn a lot and have a certain gratification in doing your own stuff.

Just my .02

That seems crazy expensive. If you don't have any mechanical inclination, find some wheeling buddies to give you a hand. That'll help you get the wrenching bug and/or the confidence to start tackling your own projects. There is a wealth of tech advice here too, just about any mod/repair you will come across has been covered here. Keep an open mind, be willing to get dirty, and good luck.

RE Hack and Tap: $80
DPG Power Driveshaft: $300
Shims: $30
Install: No more than $120

You could probably install it yourself with a grinder, drill, basic hand tools and about 2 hours

Last edited:
Back