• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

here whats wrong so far

SubtleAggression

NAXJA Forum User
i expected a few things wrong with a jeep for only $550.00 but it wasnt as bad as i thought. there is an exhaust leak at the manifold that just needs a gasket. next is the joint in the steering seems a bit loose. makes cluck noise every now and then. needs to be tightened? it has a tranni leak. i think its coming from the gasket around the shaft behind the torque converter but i have never done anything like that on a auto trani nor do i have a covered area to work on it so looks like im waiting until the weather drys before i that gets done. and last. i need to figure out why it wont go into 4 wheel low. it goes into the 4 high just fine so im thinking its a linkage issue. anywya the reason im posting this is just in case anyone has any ideas about the leak. im still new to jeeps and figures you more seasoned jeep owners would have some input on my chief. thx!

Try to find out and post year, engine, transmission, and transfercase models.

You're also probably going to get more answers in the oem tech section instead of just the northwest. I am guessing a mod will probably just move this thread when he sees it.

Back