• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Will it survive ?

xrayjeeper83

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 44/20 combo that I was going to put under my XJ and run 35-36, Im wondering if I go with the 36's will the axles survive or should I sell the 44/20 and go with 60's(not that I have the money right now)

Andrew

you should be fine..im running 35s on my 30/8.25 locked and its been great so far. a lot of stuff gets blown out of proportion (usually downsides of products) on the internet. noticed the same thing on dirtbike forums. problems that everybody seems to be having i never saw happen with bikes ive owned, or people i know own.

go for it. if you break a shaft, replace it with a chromoly

Two friends run those axles in comanche's.

one run's 38's the other runs 37's. No problem, and the rigs are wheeled hard. Specially the one with the 38's.

my buddy runs that combo in his cj, with a 305 and 40" swampers. hes only busted two front shafts, and nothing since then. i wouldn't recommend 40's but for 35's it will be fine.

I have broken an inner and outer shaft on my front 44. Get a set of cromo shafts and decient U joints and call it done. The rear should survive for a while, but cromo shafts would be a good idea for it as well. A friend of mine ran that axle in his TJ and broke 2 rear shafts. He was running it hard in a comp so that could explain it.

AARON

Back