• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

JKS Crossover Shock Mount Install- pics

bknudtsen

NAXJA Forum User
Well I've had this thing sitting in my garage for a couple of months now, and since the weather was great today, I decided to install it. I had attempted to put it in a while back, but was turned off by having to re-route the exhaust and fuel lines. At the time, it seemed like a bigger deal than it turned out to be.

Start out by removing your rear shocks and exhaust. You will need to get a new tailpipe bent to clear the shocks after you install the crossover mount.

Here are the fuel lines and wiring harness you will have to move.

IMG_1113.jpg

This is the clip that the fuel lines are held to the body with. It needs to be removed.

IMG_1114.jpg

The fuel lines can then be moved over to allow the mount to sit flush with the body.

IMG_1115.jpg

If you have not broken any of your upper shock mount bolts/nuts, then this is a really quick install. I had one broken weld nut from when I first installed my lift, and this forced me to pull up the carpet in the rear cargo area so I could get to the other side.

I chose to use the first outboard hole to mount my shocks. Because I recently had new raised shock mounts welded on the axle, my current OME shocks (N36L) will not work. They are too long now and will bottom out way before the bumpstops hit. I need to find an OME shock about the size of an N36, but with eyes at both ends.

IMG_1118.jpg

All in all, this was an easy mod, but with it came additional costs related to exhaust and shocks. Will it be worth it? I don't know.

Brad

very nice, glad you got around to it. I think I will order mine. Glad it was easy to move the fuel lines. I didn't want to mess with it either.

Im about to install mine either this weekend or next week.. picked it up from DCW4D for 140.00 shipped....

And yeah it looks like just about the easiest peice ive ever installed on the XJ....

Do the mounts just line up with the stock upper shock mounts? I think I looked at their installation pdf before, and they never actually said where the bolts go.

Quick update;

The N36 shock was too short. I re-used my N36L and moved the top mount inboard one more position. It seems like the bumpstop should catch it before it bottoms out. I'll have to flex it out to be sure.

Does anybody have a pic of the exhaust routing they used. I am running a glass pack and am just thinking about ending early in front of the rear pass tire. right now I have to replace the blown shock I found and mount that I somehow twisted off. I am gonna do a TNT ubolt eliminator and use the lower mount that comes in that kit.

Back