• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Brake Conversion

I know alot of people use Grand Cherokee rear disks as an upgrade for the 8.25 and its pretty much a bolt on.
Here is a write up on that.. Doesn't do you much good with a 44 but I have read that this set up can be done with the 44 thats why I am passing it on.. Someone who has done it will chime in.. till then heres some reading.. and Search never hurts..Good Luck
http://www.geocities.com/dcpaschal/mitch.html

Wow nice write up and great pics. Someone should add this link to the website. It sounds like a great idea, it is somthing I will be doing in the future.

The 44 has bigger brakes than the 35, it's already an upgrade of sorts.

I have done this conversion on my D44. The kit came with tons of stuff. I ordered the calipers with the e-brake set up. The kit comes with great instructions that my only complaint was the pictures were grainy. The hardest part about the upgrade was setting up the brackets properly. They are major adjustable with loads of options on how you can set them up. I just took my time and test fit them a few times before coming up with the way I wanted them to be.

As for performance. I am running a stock booster and MC. MY fronts are stock to a D30. I have not added any type of proportioning valve. When I did the upgrade I went from 31's to 36's. Being that I did notice a slight be more breaking power I would say they work great. The only thing I need now is a booster upgrade to top this set up off. Don't get me wrong.. I don't think that this kit caused the need for a booster upgrade but the 36's sure the heck did.

Back