• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Removing the Rain Gutter Trim?

Not sure how it is held on but I might have a leak hidden under there and want to check, I have the chrome trim. I read somewhere its held on by clips.. but no sure how it is held on?? Does it just pull off?

My XJ I just pulled them off carefully. You can feel where the clips are and can use a flat head screw driver as needed. They are held on with metal clips however mine had been on for 18 years at the time and the clips didn't take kindly with being removed. Yes you can get them off but it may be a pain to put them back on. Basically my rack is what is holding my trim on right now.

Mine had clips & glue. Trees helped remove them. JIM.

YUP. I did have a leak on my 90 for several years. Thought it was the rear window (hatch - RTV the hell out of it!) then the seal (replaced it). Got fed up and tore the trim out of the back and used a hose to locate the leak. The water wicked up the trim on the gutter and leaked through the gap on the seam, ran down the inside and soaked the carpet. RTV fixed it and it has been dry for the last several years!

Back