• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

has anyone had these wheels

R_jeep

NAXJA Forum User
:confused: soo im looking at these wheels that are 16x8 with 5" bs and +12mm offset. im wondering how they will fit with a xj with 3'' lift. the wheels are a great deal price wise but from what ive researched they dont seem to move away from the unibody as much as i think iwould like. somebody help me!!!! should i be looking for less backspacing for just three inches of lift. i would really appreciate anyones advice or just a comment or any friend of a friend who has had them story. :dunno:

gettin ready for the southern trailfest, 423tennessee

Well lift does not matter at all to wheel BS and it will clear the control arms or not. It is the size of the tyre you are going to run on these wheels that matters. Stock is 5.25 but that is on a 7" rim so you will not only have the 1/4" extra with these wheels, but an extra 1/2" due to the extra 1" of width to the outside. I run 32x11" tyres ( 265x75x16 ) with 4.75" of BS and they just touched at full lock on one side but barely. I have since fitted WJ lower control arms and have a heap of clearance now.
Put this another way, these wheels you are looking at have +12 mm offset and the stock are +32 mm so you have moved the wheel outwards 20 mm or have that much more clearance to the control arms than before if running the same tyre size.

Back