• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Top speed 4.56 and 33's

snow drifter

NAXJA Forum User
It seems I can only go about 65mph with my curent setup. I do have an SYE and no vibes under 65. Over 65 the humm of the rear driveshaft is just too much. Obviously it's a balancing issue with the rear, but what can I reasonably expect with this settup? Does anyone here cruise the legal speed limit, 75mph+ and have a smooth as glass ride? am I asking too much here? I mean it is a lifted Jeep. BTW, 99' Cherokee 5"lift SYE 4.56 and 33 12.50's. Thanks

I cruise at 75mph+ with 6"lift SYE 4.56 and 32's. No problems or vibes, but I don't have my front d/s in either.

99' Cherokee 5"lift is probably why you get more vibes than the guys with older heeps I would make sure your tires are balanced well and get both drive shafts balanced

I've got 4.88 and 33s and I usually cruise at 65, I've gone as high as 85, but the TSLs get a little loud at those kind of speeds so I don't usually go that high.

My thoughts are pinion angle. Check both front and rear. You should be able to run 90+.

snow drifter said:
It seems I can only go about 65mph with my curent setup. I do have an SYE and no vibes under 65. Over 65 the humm of the rear driveshaft is just too much. Obviously it's a balancing issue with the rear, but what can I reasonably expect with this settup? Does anyone here cruise the legal speed limit, 75mph+ and have a smooth as glass ride? am I asking too much here? I mean it is a lifted Jeep. BTW, 99' Cherokee 5"lift SYE 4.56 and 33 12.50's. Thanks

Should be able to drive as fast as it will go with no vibes. It's most likely driveline angles, but it could be a bad u-joint or the driveshaft out of balance.

33s and 4.56s here as well. I can cruise 80 no problem with no vibes.

When traffic allows, I regularly cruise at 75 to 80 with no extra vibes. The noise level gets considerably louder when I get over 65 though. That's a combination of my tires, exhaust and rearend, but no felt vibes.

Edit - forgot, I have an auto, 4.56s, 8.25, and 33" TrXus, speedo is corrected to be dead on

I have no issues all the way to 100ish mph.... 4.6L stroker, 5 speed manual, 4.10s, and 35x12.50 BFG M/Ts on 5" lift. I used to trap 90 mph in the 1/4mile with 32s. Havnt been to the track with the 35s, will be way slower im sure, but I dont have any issues with high speed on the interstate. I typically cruise at 75mph.

AARON

I'm running 4.56s with 33x 12.5 BFG A/Ts with a 4.5" lift. SYE and CV shaft in rear. I have Warn hubs in front. VERY smooth at any speed with hubs unlocked, but a lot of vibration at speed when hubs engaged. Check rear pinion angle and then maybe hubs in front though they're pricy.

Gone over 90 a few times with no problems.

I could physically push my window out due to flexing/ bad window install before I bought my Jeep. I know there's more wind resistance "holding" it in, but umm, it gets so damn loud, it's not worth it. New windshield in order pretty soon. I usually cruise right at 72mph. It's my sweet zone I think.

I might kick it up a notch in School zones and around Churches, but that's about it.

James

vwkaferman said:
I might kick it up a notch in School zones and around Churches, but that's about it.

James
LOL! Hey thanks guys for the info. When I installed the SYE and driveshaft I kept in my origonal rear axle shims. It was so much smoother with the SYE I never took them out. Looks like I'll remove them and then take a look at my rear angles and go from there. Also I used a front driveshaft from a stock XJ for my rear driveshaft so U-joint condition and balancing is unkown. Real happy I got the 4.56 gears, night and day over the 3.55's Thanks again

Back