• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

will a 98 lift fit on an 89 xj?

jsjeep98

NAXJA Forum User
hey everyone, i put a 5.5 rubicon lift on my '98 a few weeks ago and the old lift, which whas a 2" skyjacker was taken off. it comes with 4 shocks 2 leaf springs with add-a-leaf and then two front coil springs but a friend wants to buy it for his '89 cherokee and i was wondering if this stuff would fit?

i did alot of searching and came up with nothing. i would be greatful for any help. thank yall.

jsjeep98 said:
hey everyone, i put a 5.5 rubicon lift on my '98 a few weeks ago and the old lift, which whas a 2" skyjacker was taken off. it comes with 4 shocks 2 leaf springs with add-a-leaf and then two front coil springs but a friend wants to buy it for his '89 cherokee and i was wondering if this stuff would fit?

i did alot of searching and came up with nothing. i would be greatful for any help. thank yall.

Yes it will fit any xj built... newbie... :doh:

The only thing that might not swap is the Ubolts. You can pick up Ubolts just about anywhere. If both Jeeps have the same rearend, you're good to go. Other than that, everything should be a straight swap.

Hale

TNT said:

And not even the complete answer... newbie... :doh:

TNT said:

way to make us look like nice people, and to make the new people feel welcome....especially for somebody with 24 posts.

As Haleyes stated, the ubolts might be the only problem you'll run into. Definitely make sure both have the same rear end too.

Welcome to NAXJA!

jsjeep98, your friend just may have to get new u-bolts... unless you guys have the same axle..

TNT said:

:doh: And I thought this wasn't Pirate..... Oh wait, it's not.. it's just a Newbie (TNT) calling a "New User" a newbie...

Welcome jsjeep98. You'll find a lot of cool people around here and a ton of good info..

Elias
Eh-lee-us

91Limited said:
and 24 posts makes you a seasoned veteran?:doh:

Well I had over 3000 posts or so before the forum upgrade... So as for 24 total posts that a laugh. So I guess your 233 posts have got me beat....

EliasJ123 said:
jsjeep98, your friend just may have to get new u-bolts... unless you guys have the same axle..

:doh: And I thought this wasn't Pirate..... Oh wait, it's not.. it's just a Newbie (TNT) calling a "New User" a newbie...

Welcome jsjeep98. You'll find a lot of cool people around here and a ton of good info..

Elias
Eh-lee-us

I guess I've spent too much time on Pirate. I have posted more on this forum before the upgrade then everyone in this post combined...

So let this Seasoned Veteran say I'm sorry.

TNT

why does everybody think just cause you only have a few posts makes you a instant dumbass/newb?

ZacSquatch said:
why does everybody think just cause you only have a few posts makes you a instant dumbass/newb?
'
If it makes you feel any better, having a bunch of posts dosen't make you a smartass either.

However, if givern a choice, I'd much rather be a smartass than a dumbass.
:D

Hale

ZacSquatch said:

It doesnt. Comments like the one below do..

TNT said:

TNT said:
I guess I've spent too much time on Pirate. I have posted more on this forum before the upgrade then everyone in this post combined...

So let this Seasoned Veteran say I'm sorry.

TNT
It's all good... Now let's get back to talking about how cool our XJ's are... :looney:

Well... at least mine is looking COOL sitting in the driveway waiting to be fixed... :wierd:

Elias

EliasJ123 said:
Well... at least mine is looking COOL sitting in the driveway waiting to be fixed... :wierd:

Elias

I think we've all been there....a lot.

Mines gonna look REAL cool sittin at the body shop in a couple of weeks...

Haleyes said:
The only thing that might not swap is the Ubolts. You can pick up Ubolts just about anywhere. If both Jeeps have the same rearend, you're good to go. Other than that, everything should be a straight swap.

Hale

Yes, you are correct. However new u-bolts should be used no matter what. Tha old ones stretch and are not meant to be reused(many people do without problems). After being stuck behind a CJ and other trucks that broke their u-bolts, I don't want to cause anyone else the same delays. That doesn't even take the other parts that broke when the u-bolts failed that needed to be repaired.

New ones are cheap and worth the money.

TNT said:
Yes, you are correct. However new u-bolts should be used no matter what. Tha old ones stretch and are not meant to be reused(many people do without problems).
New ones are cheap and worth the money.

Agreed.

I see you just went RED!
Congrats!

Hale

Haleyes said:
Agreed.

I see you just went RED!
Congrats!

Hale

My paypal deposit just cleared today otherwise I would have went sooner...

hahaha thanks everyone. i do realize i am a "newbie" but someone said that i should make sure the rear ends are the same? and i know my xj has a chrysler 8.25 but im pretty sure his has a dana 35. is this a big problem and is it still possible, despite this difference, to put the lift on?

i enjoyed reading everyones bickering:laugh: very funny guys.

thanks once again for anyone who helps. you can message me if you want.

He'll just need the correct size new u-bolt's for the rearend. No biggie...

Back