• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4.5 lift front leveling

MG2000XJ

NAXJA Forum User
How many of you guys have installed your lift and had the front lower than the rear? I am finally putting on my 4.5 superflex kit but wondering if I should go ahead and get the 3/4" spacer for the front before we do it.

Personally, my RE6130 sat pretty level. You might want to get the 3/4 spacers if you are gonna run a heavier bumper and/or winch in the future. I was in the same situation you were and I ended up getting a pair of ACOS and then later on I was able to add a 1.5" shackle in the rear (to compensate for heavy rear bumper and spare tire carrier) and the ACOS allowed me to adjust accordingly. Course, they are more money.

I'd read on here about the RE kits sitting about 3/4" low in the front, so I bought the spacers. I'm very glad that I did, as mine now sits EXACTLY the same from the center of the wheels to the bottom of the factory flares on ALL four corners after my lift.

M4Madness said:
..........as mine now sits EXACTLY the same from the center of the wheels to the bottom of the factory flares on ALL four corners after my lift.

Then you have an extra half inch of lift in the back.....................
happyfinger.gif

91 Jeep Project said:
Then you have an extra half inch of lift in the back.....................
happyfinger.gif

Technically, yes, according to factory specs. By that logic, I would be 1 1/4" low in the front without the spacers.

Definitely get coil spacers for an RE lift.

I know my RK 4.5" sits about .5" higher in the rear....I'm going to get a 1" spacer up front...that way it will sit slightly front-high...I like that look.

MG2000XJ said:
Isnt it just the fact that the 3.5 leaves with the shackles are made with the weight of bumpers, a spare, etc. in mind?

I have never heard that before but I could be wrong.

VinceYJ said:
I know my RK 4.5" sits about .5" higher in the rear....I'm going to get a 1" spacer up front...that way it will sit slightly front-high...I like that look.

I hope you are joking :sad1:

2001XJ said:
I hope you are joking :sad1:

That would make it sit just like stock. The rear should be 1/2" lower than the front when measured to stock hieght flares..

When I got my 4.5" superflex it sat really ass high. I thought the rear would settle so I left it for a while. It didn't settle much so I added a 3/4" spacer to the front and it leveled out nicely. It still had a slight rake but when I loaded it for a trip or had a couple people in the back it would then be level.

Later I got a winch and bumper and added another 3/4" spacer to compensate.

So yes, based on my experience, I would just put a 3/4" spacer in the front to begin with.

VinceYJ said:

Somebody is trying to acheive the Cali look.

Yes, you will find that the general concensus on that lift is to add a 3/4" spacer.
I did with my lift & now sits level, but not before trying it without first.

Pretty much the same situation here.. I'm actually exactly 1" higher in the rear which puts my at 5.5" in the rear and 4.5" up front..

It's been over a year and a half and hasn't settle at all.. I'll be getting a spacer for the front pretty soon...

Elias
Eh-lee-us

TNT said:
That would make it sit just like stock. The rear should be 1/2" lower than the front when measured to stock hieght flares..

Yeah, I know they come from the factory that way and I still think it looks odd. It is even more odd looking when it is that way on a lifted vehicle. Everyone has their own opinion but when I see a lifted vehicle lower in the ass end I always think to myself either the leafs are sagging and it needs to be fixed or the lift is cheap and low-quality.

Spacer I hope... 1" coils may suck

Back