• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What oil to use in Buffalo NY?

1995XJSport

NAXJA Forum User
What oil would you recommend for Buffalo NY in a 95 XJ Sport with the 4.0L at 120,000 miles? Its been near the zero mark here the past 2 months (unbareable).

Also, what would you recommend for summer heat?

Good answer 89Daytona

Keep your oil and filter changed every 3,000 miles or so. I would not dare go over 5,000

My volt goes to the 5W-30 also. For them temps for that long. But I think you have made it past the cold part of the winter.:) It SHOULD start warming soon. So I would just go with the 10W-30/40 for any change soon if that's what you got on hand.

Last edited:
I am a firm believer in synthetic, Mobil-1, All of our jeeps and oldsmobile run it. You can't beat it for cold weather starts, engines spin over like summer and fire right up. If you want to give it a try do a 50/50 3 quarts of Mobil-1 10w30 and 3 quarts of normal Mobil [I don't let Quacker state or Penzoil on the property] Or you could do syntec and regular castrol or Valvoline syn and regular valvoline.

Back