• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mobil One Oil Report

stevez

NAXJA Forum User
I have read with keen interest all the various threads regarding the use of synthetic oil and it's real or imagined benefits. After some consideration I decided to try it for myself. I'm sharing my experience because I think it might benefit somebody else.

The first vehicle I used it in is a 2001 Buick with a 6 cyl engine. The car had 48,000 miles before the synthetic oil change and I owned it since it had 42,000 miles. The car required about 4-8 full seconds of cranking to start when cold...sometimes the starter even made bad noises. The engine also had a light but audible tick during idle. I never ran dirty oil. After the Mobil One oil was added the car immediately ran smoother and silently. It starts now as soon as the starter engages..literally 1 second. Gas mileage is 3 mpg better on average. It LOVES this stuff.

The second car is my 1991 XJ with a 6 cyl. The car had 42,000 miles on it before the synthetic oil change and I owned it since it had 38,000 miles. This jeep ran well enough but I thought the acceleration response was a little lacking on passes and it always required 5-9 seconds of weak cranking to start in the cold. After Mobil One the critter starts in 2 seconds or less and revs immediately when throttle is applied. Noticable power increase as well.

The most amazing part, and the reason for this post, is the oil pressure in my Jeep. My oil pressure gauge typically varied from about 30 at idle to as much as 65 when running at speed. Normal range I know. After the new oil, the gauge moved to a solid and steady 65-70 (third line if you will) and barely moves from that reading. Pressure also comes up very quickly from a cold start.

I am a firm believer in this stuff now. My conventional oil was NOT overdue for a change and I did not get these results even when it was fresh. If you're thinking of trying the stuff, walmart sells 5 quart jugs for 22 bucks...as cheap as most dino-oil

Back