• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4.5" lift tire size suggestion

shawnprooney

NAXJA Forum User
Im currently running 31x10.5x15
id love to go bigger maybe 32x11x15
what do you all suggest
jeepxj003.jpg

do you want to trim or not? That is the only thing that is really limiting what size tire you can put on there 32's are good but once you air down you'll wish you had a bigger tire

33's would be perfect, im buldin mine with a 4.5" Rock Krawler/BDS hybrid lift and will be runnin 33" MTZ's

i run a rustys 4.5" kit and i have 32's and have some rubbing, but only when i turn the wheels all the way. i love the look of 32's on an xj and didn't really want to have to do too much trimming.

tgile512 said:
i run a rustys 4.5" kit and i have 32's and have some rubbing, but only when i turn the wheels all the way. i love the look of 32's on an xj and didn't really want to have to do too much trimming.

I did the same, but with an RE 4.5"

DSC00044.jpg

32s003.jpg

i ran 35's with a 4.5" lift

hey, is that a stock color? i dont see a lot of factory paint that still shines like that. most XJs it seems are white, red, black, tan, blue. i like yours cuz its different.

M4Madness said:

oh, and i ran 33" tires when i was running a 4.5" lift. i did lots of trimming, but it looked like this:

Picture018.jpg

-Tim

jeepnuts311 said:
hey, is that a stock color? i dont see a lot of factory paint that still shines like that. most XJs it seems are white, red, black, tan, blue. i like yours cuz its different.

Yeah, believe it or not, that's the original stock paint on my '96 -- it's magenta. Also, it wasn't super clean in the pics and has never been waxed in the 3 1/2 years that I've owned it. Andy in Pa. has one the same year and color, but his is a 2-door. I've seen photos of it here on NAXJA, and it's a lot more modded-out than mine currently is.

For runnning 33's did you guys all regear? My jeep is a trail rig and I can pick up some 33's for cheap but just wondering if I am going to hate it when I hit the rocks with stock gears.

filmsomething said:
For runnning 33's did you guys all regear? My jeep is a trail rig and I can pick up some 33's for cheap but just wondering if I am going to hate it when I hit the rocks with stock gears.

i didnt regear until i went to 35s. it was um.....driveable.

hintonsooner said:
Yes, you will hate it.
Your trans will hate it.
Everyone who wheels around you will hate it.
Kittens will die.
Now let's watch and see who's first to say they don't have any problem wheeling on 33"s and 3.55s.

You HAVE to regear! No wants kittens to die!! lol

Back