• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Steering issue found?

artsifrtsi

NAXJA Forum User
Weel, I think that I found the issue with my Cherry wanting to follow ruts and off-camber roads, also a little bump-steer. Finally had a fair day to go out and look at the steering, and the lower part of the drag link is bent in 2 different planes about 1 inch in each direction. (bent down and to the back)
Now, the PO did install a really nice tie-rod (brand unknown) that's almost double the diam of the drag-link... anyone know where I can get a heavy duty DL to replace the stocker? I need to keet the original geometry for now, as I don't have the funds to do anything fancy or to completely re-do the whole steering system.

I looked breifly at the RE chromoly, that might be a viable option, but would still look flimsy compared to the TR. Just looking to see what the guru's might have under their sleeve.

A lot of people get the grand cherokee steering components. They are a lot beefier and bolt right up from what I hear. Just hearsay, but I'm sure somebody on here can confirm.

I was wondering the same thing; I've got a JCR tie rod waiting to be installed, but I'd like a drag link of like strength as well before I install the tie rod.

http://i16.tinypic.com/43y3wiw.jpg
just put the 00 WJ knuckles and brakes on my currie on my DD. helped relieve some angles for sure! the JKS track bar bracket works great with the combo. made steering (1.5DOM, .25Wall) and trac bar (1.25DOM, .25" wall)

Back