• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stock Front Bumper Trimming

Mtb Jak

NAXJA Forum User
I searched a bit and couldnt find exactly what i was trying to see or find out.

**I hope this isnt a "picture request" becuase im asking for ideas! :p

So i got my tow hooks installed and what not and trimmed the bumper so that theyd fit. I have one question tho who here has trimmed like all that plastice shit or just taken it all out completely? I looked in pictures and been trying to see what it will look like.

Car is really filthy.. (damn salt in NY)

img1637gy2.jpg

I was thinking maybe getting the dremel and screw driver out and getting rid of all this 2 wondering if it makes it look goofy or something.

xzxczxmi4.png

what i did was remove the valence (the center piece of plastic) and then for the right piece i removed the bumper caps. Im sure you could just trim the caps but if yours are like mine there is foam in them so that might become exposed. Only downside is with the caps off your horns and vacumn canister are exposed and look kinda ugly.

mine is cut like that.... I don't have recent pics though... it looks great. the hardest part is turning the corner and keeping the same line, but it wasn't that bad.

ya, NY should pay me for all the damage the salt does to my vehicles!

ya i see where that air damn is and where the horn and crap are but i dont think mine has that foam or anything its a 2000 sport, so i think i can trim it so it comes right to the edge of the metal part on the underside on the front... hmm we shall see.

now i know what they mean when they say once you start trimming you cant stop..

i did the same thing: Was easy, just use some tape to mark the line and use a hack saw. At least thats what i did

DSCN0754.jpg

I did the same thing above and you can see the huge difference in the pics oh yeah I used a dremel with the fiber cut-off wheel it is quick and accurate

click to make em bigger

Last edited:
Took mine off and trimmed the end caps.
Xmas20063-3.jpg

Xmas20063-4.jpg

Back