• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Roughcountry or Rusty's

Frankkl

NAXJA Forum User
I will buy a 3 inch lift and don't whant to pay to much. I will not do that much trails. My leafs are sagging on my 1999 xj and I was woundering if the AAL will be enough or I will need a full pack. The price is right at Rusty's 405$ for everything. Any advise, experience will sagging leafs and AAL. I know it would sag a a bit and could be corrected with a shakel later. Is that a good idea?

FWIW, I wouldn't go with either kit. Both have a rep for rough ride and inadequate flex. If I was only lifting it 3" or so, I'd go with the Rubicon Express 3.5", much better thought of quality and performance wise.

i have a Rustys 2" lift with add-a-leaf and i have to say it works well but when i got it it didnt have a the leaf clamps, i dont like roughcountry i had it on my first XJ and it didnt flex as nice. i would say go with the Rustys and if you can go with new leaf-packs (they will last so much longer)
-Keep Jeepin

I've never seen any flex bad...I'm believing the shocks mostly cause the rough ride. I *think* that the rustys hydro shocks ride better than the roughcountry ones...probably all made the same place though :)

OK RE is better...

but twice as much $$$. And Will the AAL sag too?

A would prefer get a full pack at Rustys and not see it sag then getting a expensive kit with a AAL and have the back rub in 2 months.

Definitely go full leaf pack, whichever kit you go with. AALs suck.

Rusty's with full leaf pack.. love mine

I would say go with Rustys and maybe a 1 inch block and aal or shackle for the rear it dosnt pay to spend the xtra money on the leafs because your probley going to lift it more in the future

i just got a rusty's 4.5 inch lift and it rides real good for a 4.5. go with full packs. They will ride so much smoother and last longer. Plus their springs are 3.5 so you get more lift.

I got the rusty's 3" aal, ride is horrible but it flexes pretty nicely. Exactly what xtrflexj said you are probably going to go higher. I have had my rusty's on for a little over a year now, and Im am in the process of gathering up funds for a 5.5" RE kit

Back