• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ELBE RESCUE MISSION

Anyone with an account there post the details? Have to be registered to view.

Good luck, John. If I wasn't stuck at work I'd beg for a ride.

I just read most of the thread, there are some poeple stuck on the Busywild trail and there trying to get people up there with at least 35" tires, front & rear locker, and a winch to help out.

That sucks, and I'm stuck at work. Good luck with the rescue John, be safe.

this was posted on the other board at 4 pm today FYI

"They have all but one rig out and there are about 8 rigs there that are more than capable of getting that one out. everyone else is on their way home."

Some of my pics:

Matt winching out Karl:
Elbe2-19-07-02.jpg

Elbe2-19-07-03.jpg

The stuck/broken GMC:
Elbe2-19-07-05.jpg

Elbe2-19-07-06.jpg

Elbe2-19-07-08.jpg

Elbe2-19-07-10.jpg

The ignition was broken out of it already, so we got it running /w a little ether down the carb. and was able to help power itself out a little bit:
Elbe2-19-07-11.jpg

Elbe2-19-07-13.jpg

Elbe2-19-07-16.jpg

Elbe2-19-07-17.jpg

Elbe2-19-07-19.jpg

Elbe2-19-07-20.jpg

John

So what was the root cause of the issues?

Looks like from the photos that they were somewhere where they shouldn't have been with vehicles that were not equiped to be there?

It is GREAT to see so many NAXJA people down there for the rescue!!!!!!

Michael

2xtreme said:
So what was the root cause of the issues?

Looks like from the photos that they were somewhere where they shouldn't have been with vehicles that were not equiped to be there?

It is GREAT to see so many NAXJA people down there for the rescue!!!!!!

Michael

Ill-equipped rigs and unprepared people would be the root cause. You're right, the rigs that were there had no business being there. Of the 7 total rigs who went on the run I'd say 2 were properly equipped.

I wish I wasn't so tired and had been able to come to the M&G.

J

I am sure that they appreciated your help!!

I know that I appreciate you representing the GREAT people that 4 wheel!!

And I suspect you had alot of fun!!

Michael

I was happy to help out. As John said, if he's ever in that situation, he'd want someone to come to his aid. One of the XJ's that was stuck was "reckless" from NAXJA. In a move of pure class, he sent me this PM today:

reckless said:
Matt, I could tell by the look on your face when I pulled back into camp that you where thinking "no wonder they were stuck, those rigs should not have even been on that trail", and I agree. My rig had no right being on that trail, but I want to tell you thanks for comming out to help with the recovery. I will gladly return the favor if I ever get the chance. Thanks again, Shane(reckless).
That's pretty cool, if you ask me.

What this trip also tells me is that i want to go run that trail again! Really a blast. However, there's no paint left on my drip rail bars or rock rails. :)

-----Matt-----

I've painted mine three times in one year.

And ya, that's a fun trail as long as your with a group that knows what there doing.

FiFo said:
I've painted mine three times in one year.

And ya, that's a fun trail as long as your with a group that knows what there doing.

Elbe reminds me of wheeling with a blindfold on. You can see the trees in front of you, you can see the water/mud. But I'll be damned the roots are ALWAYS jumping up out of nowhere.

Thanks for all of your help guys. I didn't have a rig in there but I was part of the group. I agree most of the rigs should have not been in there and I should have know better...lesson learned.

Back