• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ride height

LilRhodyXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone know what Rusty's 4.5" packs sit at when first installed?

As of now I have RE 4.5" front coils with Rustys 3.5" rear leafs combined with a 1" Jks shackle and it sits level.. I'm thinking of putting in 4.5" Rustys rear packs with a 1" spacer but I'd just like to see some averages of installed height with Rustys 4.5" packs

Thanks in advance
Andrew

Mine sat at about 6.5" when I first put them on. Taking out the overload spring in the bottom of the pack helped a lot, and adding weight helped them settle and soften up some, but they still sit about 1/2"-1" higher than the front.

LilRhodyXJ said:
How long have you had them and what do they sit at now?

Andrew

I've had them in for just under a year and a half now, and they sit at about
5 - 5.5". I've been contemplating putting in a 1" coil spacer in the front so this thing will sit level. I Hate the stinkbug stance and it's been like that since I put the lift on. If I were to do it over, I'd actually go with the setup you have now and run a 3.5" spring pack with a longer shackle.

Thanks man...I have a 1 1/4 Teraflex coil spacer lying around my house somewhere so I guess I'll throw that in when I put the leafs in if its going to sit as high as you say.

Andrew

Well hopefully some others will chime in with their experiences as well, but that has been my experience with Rusty's leafs. Glad I could lend a hand.

I have had mine on since Nov.03 & they are sitting right at 5". With a 3/4" lift shackle & 5.5 RE coils it sits fairly level with a normal daily load. JIM.

Back