• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE 3.5" Super-Ride Kit (full packs)

bmyohn

NAXJA Forum User
my parents gave me the okay on letting me buy the lift for my XJ...i want to buy this lift kit...what do u guys think of it???

im also getting the DT3000 shocks (are they any good)
im getting the rustys 1" TC drop (no sye cause its a DD no serious offroading)
and the RE Trac Bar

am i missing anything???

i wanna fit 31" BFGs on Cragar Soft 8's will it rub at all???

will i get any vibes with this kit???

here is the link
http://www.rubiconexpress.com/Products.aspx?Cn=188&Pn=2018&XnPath=173,180,188&Vid=F16290834644
thanks in advance!!!

cheers2.gif

Brendan

can't go wrong with RE (also full packs are always better than AAL)... I loved my RE superflex on my TJ.

Ill let someone else comment on the 31's... and the DT's (I ran procomps, and hated them)

I run 35" BFG All-Terrains on the 3.5" RE Super-Flex kit with cut fenders, so I think 31's should fit just fine. The RE Trackbar is very nice and should work fine.

I have RE Monotubes on mine and they ride great. I used to have DT shocks and they ride like crap, but you can't beat the price. If you can afford it, go with RE Monotubes or Old Man Emu's.

You might wanna upgrade to the Super-Flex kit instead of the Super-Ride. It is only about $120 more and you get front bumpstops, disconnects and much better control arms. If not, you can buy the bumpstops elsewhere but try to grab some JKS Sway Bar Disconnects, they are really nice and easy to use.

I had vibes on mine with a 1" tcase drop kit, but nothing major. I got my Hack and Tap/Driveshaft installed yesterday and now it rides like a dream, no vibes at all. Good luck with the install and post up pics when you are done!!!

Last edited:
bmyohn said:
im getting the rustys 1" TC drop (no sye cause its a DD no serious offroading)

SYE's have nothing to do with whether or not it's offroaded. Mine's a DD as well, but I had to get a SYE and driveshaft for my 3.5" lift. It had extremely bad vibes that I seriously doubt a 1" TC drop would have cured.

I guess you can try a TC drop and shim the rear axle to see if it will help before dropping the cash on an SYE.

For wheels, I'd say go with 15X7's with 4.5" backspacing for 31X10.50X15 tires.

Good luck with your lift. :)

M4Madness said:
SYE's have nothing to do with whether or not it's offroaded. Mine's a DD as well, but I had to get a SYE and driveshaft for my 3.5" lift. It had extremely bad vibes that I seriously doubt a 1" TC drop would have cured.

I guess you can try a TC drop and shim the rear axle to see if it will help before dropping the cash on an SYE.

For wheels, I'd say go with 15X7's with 4.5" backspacing for 31X10.50X15 tires.

Good luck with your lift. :)

how much can an SYE run me???

I did the same kit, with the full packs on a 2000 which is supposed to be a horrible candidate for vibes. I did a 1" T-Case drop and 4* shims in the rear and no vibes. Try it first it it just might work for ya! Also order the 3/4" spacer for the front otherwise it wont sit level.....i upgraded to the OME shocks and got the kit with shocks for around 850.00 from 4wheelersupply.com. I then added the RE HD trac bar and mount and the JKS discos which i ordered through dc4wd.com
I run 31x10.5's on the stock wheels and dont rub at all!

I'd recommend getting the super-flex kit since the stuff it comes with you would most likely end up buying eventually anyway plus I like the heim joints a lot better. I'm running this kit right now and had 245/75/16, which is a little less than a 31" and I thought it looked kind of silly and I recently got a great deal on 32's and they look 10x better and they still tuck at full flex so since you're getting soft 8's anyway I'd say you might as well get 32's. Mine is a 2001 as well and I ended up putting a sye on, although if you do get vibes don't assume right away that its the rear driveshaft because the low pinion D30's that came on 00' and 01' xj's seem to cause problems with the u-joints on the front driveshaft. I had that problem and my buddy had it on his 2000 and was pretty pissed after he dropped the cash on a sye only to find out that it was actually the front DS that was causing the vibes.

bmyohn said:
thanks...will 4.5" BS stick out too far...cuz in MA the tires cant stick out past the flares!!

I don't know. Factory backspacing is 5 1/4", so 4 1/2" backspacing will bring your wheels out 3/4" more than they are now. Will 3/4" bring yours out too far?

An RE Hack and Tap kit is about $85 and a new driveshaft is about $300. I spent $390 on a Hack and Tap and Driveshaft from DPG OFF Road. Easy to install and just as good as a full SYE kit, but cheaper!

carlton989 said:
Hack and Tap...just as good as a full SYE kit, but cheaper!

:roflmao:

Back